Do blondes really have more fun? Although some might argue that this is no longer true, especially since a lot of men prefer brunettes over blondes these days, it’s undeniable that blondes still get a lot of attention on the street and in the mainstream media. For naturally blonde women, giving your hair proper care and maintenance is crucial in maintaining the hair’s natural glow. This particular hair type also has its own sets of rules to live by when it comes to giving it care so you can make the most of it.
Here are ten tips that you should apply and learn from as part of your daily blonde hair care regimen:
1. Choose a tone restoring shampoo or conditioner for blonde hair that contains neutralising elements to combat the hair’s natural tendency to turn yellowish. If you are not sure what products work best for your hair, seek the advice of your hairstylist for recommendations.
2. Blonde hair is naturally fragile and dry. Thus, refrain from over-processing blond hair because you are making it vulnerable to more damage. If, in case, it is already damaged, a good repair product can help to protect against further damage (especially coming from heat styling) and treats it from within.
3. If your blonde hair is fading and lacks luminosity, use a tone restoring product. This will bring back shine and lustre in hair.
4. Hard water is the biggest culprit to brassy blonde hair. But if you live in an area wherein exposure to this kind of water is inevitable, invest in products that are rich in violet colour pigment to compensate for the appearance of brassy tones.
5. With summer in the horizon, light shades such as blonde hair are most vulnerable from the sun’s heat. Never go out without UV protection to keep the sun’s rays from penetrating into the hair shaft and causing the color to fade quickly.
6. If you have bleached blonde hair, a weekly treatment is recommended for you. These products are more powerful than conditioners in that they contain active ingredients meant to penetrate deep into the hair and alleviate damage from within.
7. Look for light-textured products enriched with moisturising agents if you want to keep grayish tones from sprouting in your blonde hair. Also, look for products containing lavender or chamomile if you want to fight yellow tinge in your hair.
What other tips can you add to maintaining and caring for blonde hair?