Red is one of the most popular colours opted by women when they want to change up their look. Indeed, a red hair exhibits a sexy yet sophisticated vibe to your whole look that a lot of women aspire for it. It does not matter if you have natural or chemical treated red hair, the importance of caring for it cannot be reiterated.
Here are a few important hair care tips to keep in mind if you want to preserve the vitality of your red coloured hair:
1. Red coloured hair can be highly sensitive to light. The presence of red pigments in the hair makes skin more sensitive to the UV light as well. Thus, women with red head are advised to keep out of the sun (particularly during midday) or at least limit direct exposure to sun or other sources of light. If this is inevitable, always bring umbrella or hat for protection.
2. Avoid swimming in a pool for at least two weeks since dyeing your hair red. The chlorinated water is quite strong and it can damage the colour pigments in your hair, causing it to look dull and dry faster.
3. Red heads must incorporate protective products designed for colour treated hair. They are rich in protective and nurturing agents, as well as antioxidants for maximum health and vibrancy.
4. A weekly treatment is needed to retain the red colour pigments in your hair. The use of conditioner is not sufficient because you want something that can penetrate deep into the cuticle and hair structure. This allows the red pigment to be retained for a much longer time than usual. In addition, it also gives added lustre to your red hair.
5. Cut the ends of your hair every 2 months. When you have split ends, it becomes more noticeable with red hair because it can create a colour contrast with your attire. Take due diligence.
6. Regularly use a colour rinse on your hair in between your treatment. This restores the brilliance of your hair.
What other hair care tips do you have for women with red hair?