Matte Hair Finish
Best Matte Finish Hair Products in Australia
Adding a matte finish to your hair can change the way that you look and feel. Matte finishes can be made with a variety of products and techniques, so there's no reason not to give it a chance!
What is Matte Finish Hair?
A matte finish is a hair look where the scalp and hairline are matte or flat (as opposed to shiny), and the hair on the crown is glossy/shiny. This creates a sleek, sophisticated look that is perfect for special occasions such as weddings or formal events.
How do you get a matte look?
Products for finishing your hairstyle can have a lasting effect on your hair's appearance. Products like hairspray and oil will add hold to your hairstyle and make your hair feel smooth to the touch. Products that contain silicone polymers will also help lock in moisture and smoothen the surface of the hair shaft. Using these products correctly will help keep your style looking fresh all day.
Are matte hair products good for hair?
A common problem with matte products is that they have a tendency to make hair look greasy. In order to create a matte look, these oil-based products must be applied to the hair and then washed off immediately with shampoo. Since these products contain a large amount of oil, they can also dry out the hair over time. They can also make it difficult to use styling tools like blow dryers and flat irons. The best way to achieve a matte look is to mix these products with other styling products that do not contain oils. The theory behind matte hair is that the hair should be absolutely dry (or mostly dry) because you don't want oily buildup on your scalp.
How do I style my hair with matte wax?
Apply the wax to dry hair and work it through with a comb or your fingers to create a soft, natural hold. Style as usual. To finish, spray on a bit of hairspray to lock your style in place. If the wax feels too heavy in your hair, mix it one drop at a time with water until it's the texture that you want. Be careful not to apply too much water - this will affect the effectiveness of the wax, making it more likely to leave a white residue on your hair.
What is a difference between matte and glossy hair looks?
Glossy look: The hair looks shiny, but not wet; the hair is typically darker near the roots than near the tips. Matte look: Hair has a matte finish with only slightly visible shine and is not particularly dark at the roots. This is a common look for men’s hairstyles and can be difficult to achieve without the right styling products. Traditionally, women’s hair styles have been heavier, containing more hair product to achieve a sleeker, polished look.
Best products to achieve the matte look?
Matte looks can be made using several different styling products, including waxes, pomades, gels, and dry shampoos. Waxes are the most popular because they create strong hold without weighing down your hair. They offer great versatility, allowing you to use them for both short- and long-styles. Pomades are similar to waxes except that they are used to thicken the hair rather than hold it in place. Gels can be used to create a slicked-back look that is very popular among men. Dry shampoos can also help create a matte look by helping to remove any excess product from your hair. Some very known products include:
1. Muk Hard Muk: Hard muk has been one of the most popular styling cremes for over a decade. Emulsify it in your hands, work through the root of your hair, and it will provide great hold with a matte finish. Also, has a great fragrance.
2. American Crew Fiber: The original matte paste styling creme for over 2 decades. American Crew Fiber is the product professionals think of when it comes with a matte finish product. Provides a medium to firm hold and is ideal for shorter hair types.
3. Club Matte Play: This is a wax pomade that creates a strong hold that lasts all day. It works well for medium to long hair and comes in a variety of shades to match a wide range of hair colours.
4. Juuce Messed up fibre cream: This cream ensures manageability, longevity and gloss finish while the brush out texture design offers a non-greasy feel of the styling while giving that perfect matte look.
5. Alfaparf Style Stories Sea Spray: This sea spray is a lightweight formula that gives an all-day hold to hair without feeling sticky or heavy, while giving a natural matte finish to your hairstyle. It can be used on damp or dry hair and is free of sulphates and parabens.