Damaged Hair Treatments
Best Treatments for Damaged Hair in Australia
How damaged hair is caused?
Chemicals like permanent hair dyes and bleaching agents can damage the hair by stripping away the protective layer of sebum that naturally coats the scalp and strands. Over-styling can also cause significant damage by pulling on the hair and causing breakage at the roots. Intense heat from curling and straightening tools can also leave your hair dry and brittle, leading to split ends and dullness. Too much sun and heat can dry out the strands, making them more likely to get damaged by other things in the environment. These are just a few of the most common causes of damage.
How do you treat damaged hair?
The first step to treat damaged hair is to assess the extent of the problem and determine the cause behind it. Then, you can take steps to address any issues and prevent further damage from occurring. In severe cases, you may need to see a doctor to fix the damage that long-term use of chemicals or too much heat styling has done to your hair. You should also visit a stylist for a professional haircut to help get rid of split ends and improve the overall condition of your hair. Products that protect hair from heat and conditioners that add moisture can also help keep hair healthy and stop more damage from happening. Regular trims will also help to keep your hair healthy and looking its best.
There are two main causes behind damaged hair: environmental damage and chemical damage. Environmental damage can be caused by things like too much sun or styling with heat, which can dry out and damage the hair shaft over time. Chemical damage can be caused by repeated use of permanent dyes and bleaches, which strips away the natural protective barrier of oils on the scalp and strands. Other factors that can lead to chemical damage include harsh shampoos, dyes, or perms.
Can damaged hair grow back?
Depending on the kind of damage you have taken, you might not be able to fix it all. However, this does not mean you will never be able to repair your hair and restore it to its former glory. A mild case of damaged hair can often be repaired with gentle hair care treatments and a trim. Those with more severe damage to their hair may need to visit a stylist for a full cut and style to restore it to its original condition. The best way to determine whether or not you will be able to restore your hair is to consult with a stylist to determine the best course of action to take.
- Never blow dry your hair straight or curly when it is wet. This can cause it to frizz and become unmanageable. Always towel dry your hair before using a hair dryer. This will help to reduce the amount of damage inflicted on the hair and help to avoid split ends.
2. Choose shampoos and conditioners that are made to protect hair from damage caused by heat and UV rays and make it stronger. These products often contain ingredients such as keratin that strengthen the hair and give it a healthy shine. When choosing a shampoo, look for a formula that is mild and does not contain harsh chemicals that can strip away the natural oils in your hair.
3. Do not use heated appliances such as curling irons and flat irons on damp hair as it can damage your hair and cause split ends.
- Matrix Deep Restrovative Treatment: Restores moisture to dry or damaged hair and helps eliminate frizz for soft and shiny results. The key ingredients include Keratin proteins, vitamin-rich Panthenol and Pro-Vitamin B5 to nourish and strengthen the hair.
2. Osmo Aftercare kit: The kit includes three products designed to nourish and moisturize dry, brittle hair and combat the effects of heat styling. The Shampoo helps to soften the hair while the Conditioner nourishes the strands and provides protection against split ends and breakage.