Sun & Water Care Hair Treatments
Best products to get rid of sun and water damage in Australia
How can hair get damaged by the sun?
The sun’s rays can damage the hair shaft, causing it to become dry, brittle and prone to breaking. Exposure to the sun also leads to the formation of brown spots and wrinkles on the hair.
How can hair get damaged by water?
Hair can be damaged by water in a few different ways. Wet hair is more prone to splitting, crumbling and becoming frizzy. This is because water has a tendency to expand and contract, which can damage the hair’s cells. Additionally, water can cause chemicals that are found in hair products to leach out and damage the hair.
How can I repair my damaged hair from the sun?
- Prevention is the best medicine! Sun protection is the key to preventing damage from the sun. Make sure to apply a sunscreen lotion, hat and sunglasses when you’re outside.
2. Treat the problem when it occurs! If your hair is damaged from the sun, try to treat it as soon as possible by rinsing it off with cold water and applying a moisturizer.
3. Don’t let the damage get worse! If you notice that your hair is starting to break or dry out, don’t wait – see a dermatologist for help.
What does sun damaged hair look like?
Sun-damaged hair can be dry, brittle and have a yellow or brown tinge. It may look thinner and have more split ends than normal. It may also be more frizzy than usual. This can happen when the proteins in our hair become damaged from overexposure to the sun. If left untreated, the damaged hair will eventually start falling out.
What can I do to help my hair recover from sun damage?
To restore shine and vitality to damaged hair, you can use special conditioners and shampoos designed for sun-damaged hair. You can also use home remedies like oiling your hair with coconut oil once a week to improve the appearance of dull, lifeless hair. Getting regular trims is also a good idea because split ends can make hair look worse. Finally, try to avoid going outside in direct sunlight as much as possible.
How can someone keep their hair healthy after swimming?
- Avoid direct sun exposure. Applying a water-resistant sunscreen before you head outside will help protect your hair from getting burned.
2. Moisturize your hair. After you get out of the pool, be sure to apply a layer of moisturizing conditioner to your hair and leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing it off. This will help lock in the moisture and prevent your hair from becoming dry or damaged.
3. Get regular trims. Trimming your hair regularly will also help prevent it from drying out and becoming damaged.
Sunlight can cause severe damage to our hair, leading to thinning and dryness of the strands over time.
- Davines SU Hair Milk: Rich, creamy treatment to repair, moisturize and protect hair from external aggressors. Use daily after shampooing on wet hair and comb through to ends.
- Keune Care Sun Shield: Spray on wet hair to keep locks hydrated and add brilliant shine without the greasy residue. Use immediately after swimming.
- Malibu C Swimmers Wellness Hair Collection Pack: Keeps chlorine out of hair and skin while encouraging regrowth and protecting against UVA/UVB rays. Shampoo + Conditioner + Mist + Towelettes + Travel Bag = Healthy and nourished hair, from head to toe!