Give your eyes a lick of colour with these single, duo and palette, powder and cream eyeshadows available in a multitude of hues and colour families. Eyeshadows can be an important part of your eye makeup look. They can add depth, dimension, and colour to your eyes. They can also help create a more flattering and natural look. However, it's important to match your eyeshadow colours with your eye colour so that you achieve the right look. Here are some things to think about when choosing eyeshadows.
Eyeshadow is a type of cosmetic product that is used to add color and depth to the eyelids. It comes in a wide range of shades and finishes, including matte, shimmer, and glitter, and can be applied in various ways to create different looks.
Best Eyeshadow makeup in Australia
The first thing to consider is eye colour. If you want your eyeshadow to complement your natural eye colour, choose a shade that is close to the colour of your eye.
Some benefits of using eyeshadow include:
- Enhancing the natural shape and color of your eyes: Eyeshadow can be used to accentuate your eye color, or to create the illusion of a different eye shape.
- Adding dimension and depth to your makeup: By applying eyeshadow in the crease or outer corner of the eye, you can create the illusion of depth and dimension.
- Creating a cohesive makeup look: By matching your eyeshadow to the rest of your makeup, you can create a cohesive and polished look.
When choosing an eyeshadow, consider the following factors:
- Shade: Choose a shade that complements your eye color and skin tone. For example, warm shades like bronze and gold tend to work well on warm skin tones, while cool shades like purple and blue tend to work well on cool skin tones.
- Finish: If you want a natural look, choose a matte eyeshadow. If you want a more shimmery or glamorous look, choose an eyeshadow with a shimmer or glitter finish.
- Formula: Powder eyeshadow is easy to blend and can be used wet or dry. Cream eyeshadow is more pigmented and long-lasting, but can be harder to blend.
Overall, eyeshadow is a versatile and fun product that can help you create a wide range of looks, from natural to dramatic. Whether you prefer bold colors or subtle tones, there is an eyeshadow shade and finish to suit your style and preferences.
Which makeup brand is best for eyeshadows?
There are generally two types of brands to choose from when purchasing eyeshadow: drugstore brands and high-end brands. Both types have their advantages and disadvantages.
Drugstore brands tend to be much cheaper than high-end brands, but they also don't tend to offer the same level of quality or pigmentation. Higher-end brands typically produce better-quality products at a higher price, but they also usually have a higher failure rate when applied.
When should you use eyeshadow primer?
Most eyeshadows don't adhere well to the eyelid without the aid of a primer. Since primers act as a barrier between your skin and the eyeshadow, they help to ensure that the shadow doesn't crease or flake away throughout the day. Therefore, you should use an eyeshadow primer whenever you're applying eyeshadow to a surface that doesn't have a natural oil base, such as a dry eyelid.
What colour should you use for a neutral eye?
A neutral eye is a low-maintenance style that looks effortless and beautiful at the same time. To achieve this look, it's best to choose a matte eye shadow in a light shade for the lid and the crease and a shimmery shade for the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye. These colours help to soften the overall look of the eye without taking away any of its sparkle or definition.
You should avoid choosing a deep hue like black or brown for your neutral eye because it'll make your eyes appear smaller and more sunken in. Instead, choose shades like taupe, gold, champagne, or even silver-grey to keep eyes looking bright and open.
How does the shape of your eye affect the colour of the eyeshadow you should choose?
The shape of your eye will determine which colours you choose for eye shadow. If your eyes are wide-set and short, you can choose darker shades like plum or navy to accentuate their shape and enhance your overall appearance. On the other hand, narrow-set eyes tend to have more depth, so you can make your eyes appear bigger by choosing lighter shades of pink or blue for your eye shadow.
Which colour is best for brown eyes?
Brown eyes benefit from vibrant shades of red, green, and purple to draw attention to their natural iridescence. If you want to make your brown eyes pop even more, try incorporating gold or silver glitter into your makeup routine. Just make sure to use clear mascara to separate and define your eyelashes to get the most out of your eye shadow and make it brighter.
Should you use eyeliner with eyeshadow or not?
Eyeliner is a must-have makeup product if you want to create any kind of smokey eye. It can help to emphasise the features of your eyes and draw attention to your brows, giving you a more defined and finished look. However, don't try to use eyeliner to apply eyeshadow to your entire lid; this will result in an uneven and messy finish that won't look particularly appealing.
- Napolean Perdis Eyeshadow palette (in Lilach): This palette contains a vibrant range of colours that you can use to create multiple eye looks.
- Krylon Eye Shadow: This product range includes a wide range of different colours and finishes that are easy to use and apply.