Hair Oil Serums
Buy the best oil and serum products in Australia
What to do when your hair feels dull and dry? Add Shine! These fantastic serums will help restore shine to your hair. It's a lightweight, oil-free formula that can be used daily to help protect your hair from everyday wear. Serums help in to lock moisture and invigorate the hair.
What does a serum do?
Serums are known to help boost shine and control frizz and flyaways. While some people have issues with oils in their hair, for many women serums and moisturizers keep hair looking healthy and hydrated while helping to cut down on frizz. They are also known to help in strengthening and protecting the hair shaft. Unlike hair oils which coat the hair strands, serums are lighter-weight and penetrate the hair's cortex to help seal in the moisture.
What even is a serum?
A shine serum is a hair product that helps add shine, smooth frizz, and nourish the hair. It is a silicon-based product made up of a medley of ingredients such as vitamins, amino acids, proteins, and antioxidants.
How does a serum work?
Shine serums help moisturize the hair and scalp, as well as repair hair. They are known to smoothen out any flyways and protect the hair. Scented shine serums, such as Biosilk's Original Cure, help to add shine and eliminate dry, flaky skin on the scalp.
Do hair serums really work?
Yes, hair serums work! They not only lock in shine but also ensure that your hair is more manageable throughout the day. These serums also contain fragrance that ensures that your hair smells and feels great.
Can I use hair serum every day?
Yes, you can use a shine serum every day. Many hair professionals recommend the use of shine serums daily, although you can use a shine serum sparingly. It's a good idea always to use a heat protectant when using your blow dryer or flat iron. Many people apply a shine serum to damp hair to help them tame flyaways or straighten out curls that are too curly or wavy. You may also use a serum before you wash your hair to help get rid of any tangles you may have or to remove product buildup on your scalp.
Which shine serum is the best?
There are many different types of shine serums on the market to choose from, which can make it very confusing. Some people like to use shine serums, while others do not. Some of our top favourite picks include:
1. Olaplex No 9 Bond Protector Shine Serum: It not only helps repair damaged hair, but it also gives your hair a beautiful sheen while leaving them soft, shiny and healthy looking.
2. Pravana Hydra Pearl Oil: This serum is a budget-friendly option that gets the job done. It helps moisturize and shine the hair while taming flyaways.
3. Schwarzkopf Oi All in One: Used by professionals from around the world, this shine serum helps moisturize and nourish the hair. It helps to make hair more manageable while adding shine.
4. Keune So Pure Moroccan Argan Oil: This serum is one of the favourite choices of many hair professionals from around the world. This is not that heavy on the pocket while works effectively.
5. Milkshake Glistening 3 in 1 Hair Serum: This shine serum is packed full of oils that nourish the hair, and gives them a lustrous shine.
6. Fudge Aqua Shine Serum: This 3-in-1 serum is a favourite of many hair professionals around the world.
7. Loreal Professional Ring Light High Shine Spray: Who doesn't know of Loreal? Grab this serum as it provides great shine, with UV protection.