Medik8 Bakuchiol Peptides 30ml
Pay in 4 installments
Pay for your order in equal fortnightly payments
Get your items now
Your order will be shipped now, just like a normal order
Nothing extra to pay
No interest, no additional fees if you pay on time*
Spend up to $1000
You can use Afterpay for orders up to $1000
All you need is
- An Australian debit or credit card
- To be over 18 years of age
- To live in Australia
To use this service
- Add your items to your bag and checkout as normal
- In checkout select Afterpay as your payment method
- Enter your details with Afterpay and you're done!
- Your payment schedule will be emailed to you
Other things to note
- The funds for the first payment will need to be available at the time of checkout. If you are a new Afterpay customer, the first payment will be made at the time of purchase, with payments over the next 6 weeks. Once you have been an Afterpay customer for at least 6 weeks for all orders under $500, your first payment is made in 14 days, with final payment in 8 weeks.
- If you wish to return your items you can choose an exchange, or the payment plan can be cancelled.
- *If you fail to make payment, you will be charged a late payment fee of $10 with a further $7 fee added 7 days later if the payment is still unpaid.
The ultimate plant-based, anti-ageing alternative for vitamin A. Designed to help promote a more youthful complexion, the lightweight, oil-based serum harnesses the gentle power of 1.25% pure bakuchiol. A clinically proven alternative to retinol that is ideal for those that can’t use vitamin A - eg when pregnant or nursing* as it is not recommended during this time. Bakuchiol Peptides is enhanced with brightening peptide precursors, which help to maintain a glowing, even complexion. The lilac-hued formula is also infused with cica (centella asiatica), an ingredient perfect for soothing inflamed, sensitive skin. Photostable, Bakuchiol Peptides can be used both day and night, for accelerated visible anti-ageing results. Perfect for those looking for a substitute for vitamin A in their CSA routines.
*Of course, due to ethical considerations the Bakuchiol Peptides formula has not been tested on pregnant women, but there is nothing in the formula which is known to be an issue (eg vitamin A or high levels of exfoliating acids). If you are at all concerned, always consult your doctor.
Bakuchiol & Pregnancy
While applying vitamin A topically in skincare hasn’t been shown to cause problems in pregnancy or breastfeeding, as very little gets absorbed into the body through the skin, doctors (and Medik8) recommend avoiding, just in case, due to the known risks of high-dose vitamin A ingestion.
Bakuchiol on the other hand, has been shown to have retinol-like effects but does not have the same mechanism of action as vitamin A so there is no real reason to link the two. We cannot find any documented evidence as to why Bakuchiol should be avoided during pregnancy, and we happily recommend it on that basis.
Many experts including doctors and other brands are stating that bakuchiol is perfectly safe in pregnancy. As most cosmetic ingredients are untested on pregnant women, there is no way of definitively saying anything is specifically ‘safe for pregnancy’ which is why we do not more boldly state “safe for pregnancy”.
- Bakuchiol - A clinically proven alternative to retinol, bakuchiol helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Incredibly gentle, it is suitable for those that cannot usually tolerate vitamin A.
- Brightening Peptide Precursors - A lipo-amino acid that can penetrate the natural skin barrier with ease. They stop the action of MSH (melanin stimulating hormone), therefore blocking the production of melanin, for a visibly brighter and even skin tone.
- Centella Asiatica - A naturally-derived anti-inflammatory with incredible wound healing benefits on the skin.
- Inka Omega Oil - One of the highest, organic sources of omegas among natural seeds. The natural oil can slip into the gaps between skin cells in the stratum corneum to restore the skin’s natural barrier and block moisture loss.
Directions: After cleansing in the morning and evening, massage 6 drops of Bakuchiol Peptides across the face, neck and décolletage.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Bakuchiol, Krameria Triandra Root Extract, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Flower Extract, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coccinia Indica Fruit Extract, Solanum Melongena Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Ocimum Basilicum Flower/Leaf Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil.